September 19, 2012

Marie Cheese Layer Cake

I am not sure to call this a cake or not..and of course it looks like a cake but since no baking was required the name cake was rather inaccurate for this supper delicious and decadent dessert. Let make things easy and follow what everyone have called it..the Marie Cheese Layer Cake ;)

This is the 3rd batch I made within few weeks of time. I made it first here, and this is 3rd tray and specially requested by my son and was clearly mentioned to me not to give away any of them to any one.

I know many other bakers have posted this cake long time ago. Yet it was my mom who made me want to try this out. Mom visited her friend in Sarawak and was served with this cake. Mom called me immediately and said.."there's a 'new' sedap cake, go bake them".. What ever tasted good to Mom, would always be good to me too..and indeed it was true. Light, cheesy and the lemony taste gave an additional kick to the cake. I loved it cool ;)

Thanked to Peek Freans who created this super-useful biscuit in 1874, where many recipe had been using this biscuit in baking and cooking. And of course I am one of the many fans of this Marie biscuit. Here is the recipe for this Marie Cheese Layer Cake, thank you for sharing kak Yani.


Ingredients:
1 packet of Marie biscuit
1 packet of coffee Marie biscuit (trust me, tasted so good)
250 gram philly cream cheese
300 ml anchor whipping cream
250 ml evaporated milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
125gm shredded philly cheddar cheese

Method:
Lined an 8 inch square baking pan with baking paper.
Ensure cream cheese at room temperature.
Whipped cream cheese until smooth.
Add in milk and stir.
Add in lemon juice and stir.
Add in 300 ml cream and beat till creamy and fluffy.
Arrange biscuit/cheese mixture/biscuit until all were used.
Shred cheddar cheese on top.
Cover with a cling wrap and chill over night.

Enjoy!


And these were some bakes made last week, where all photos have been uploaded in the FB page..thank you all!!


Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment