June 18, 2012

Delicious Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Happy Monday dearies!


I received 2 emails yesterday asking for the recipe of the cream cheese pound cake I made last week. And why not, share it to everyone here. Not that I dont want to share every recipe I baked. Simply, time for me to spend in front of the lappy was too limited. Most recipes were hand written in my old jot book.. I just had no chance to really type it back here for everyone to share. My baby just could not see me working on PC/handphone or any other devices. He'd nag..nag..pull..push..and yes, please imagine that.


Lucky tonight is bake free night, therefore once my baby was asleep..here I go, happily blogging..surfing the net.

Source of original recipe HEREThank you Ju for a simple and super recipe, and here I copies the recipe from Ju's.


Ingredients; 
- 195g all purpose flour {i used superfine flour}
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature {I used SCS}
- 140g package cream cheese, room temperature {I used the great philly}
- 200g castor sugar {I used 190 gram}
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of a lemon or orange {I used lemon}

1. Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack in center of oven. Butter and line an 8-inch round cake tin. {I used a 5inch x 9 inch glass dish}

2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, in three additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon zest and beat until incorporated.

4. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. I sprinkled some chocolate chips just for fun. Baked for 50 mins or till cooked.




The glass dish I used, 5x9 inch. Was a present to me :)


I am so new to food-graphy,,please bear with me.

A great gift for anyone.

How do I treat my self after tired nights of baking....



 Indian mangos, seedless grapes, apricot and red plum..to keep me going for the next bakes..


Take care and happy trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment